Latest NewsWednesday, July 17, 2013 | 4:45 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica — Asafa Powell, the embattled former 100m world record holder, returned to the island Tuesday night. Powell, along with training partner Sherone Simpson, tested positive for banned stimulant oxilofrine at the Jamaica Championships last month. A source with information of the situation said the athlete is now meeting with high profile Jamaican lawyers to plan his next move.Powell and his manager blamed Canadian trainer Chris Xuereb for the positive test. In a release on Sunday, Powell said, “my team has launched an internal investigation and we are co-operating with the relevant agencies and law enforcement authorities to discover how the substance got in my system.“My fault however is not cheating but instead not being more vigilant.”Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.
- Advice on Canadian immigration
- Taiwan toilet advice stirs debate
- Marriage Advice for Aniston
- Advice from the sidelines
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.