NewsTuesday, December 31, 2013 | 5:02 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica — Jamaica National Building Society (JNBS) say it will donate US$1 to the Shaggy Foundation, for every remittance sent from January 2 to 15, 2014, through any JN Money Transfer (JNMT) branch in New York, Connecticut, Florida, or any JN MoneyShop in Jamaica. The Shaggy Foundation raises funds for the Bustamante Hospital for Children in St Andrew Jamaica through an annual charity concert.“This is the only full-service paediatric hospital in the English speaking Caribbean, and it serves a population of approximately 700,000 children,” said Leesa Kow, General Manager of and JN Money Services Ltd (JNMS). “Therefore all of us need to give the promotion our support.”In addition to the donation JNMS, a subsidiary of Jamaica National, will waive remittance fees on donations of JA$2,000 to $5,000 sent to the Shaggy Foundation, through any JN MoneyShop in Jamaica; or, on US$20 to US$100 sent to the Foundation at any JNMT branch in New York, Connecticut and Florida, Kow said. The Shaggy and Friends charity show is slated for January 4, 2014 and features recent winner of The Voice Tessanne Chin as well as finalist Matthew Schuler.
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.
- Bustamante Hospital is now eSmart
- Shaggy says staff at Bustamante Children's Hospital are 'miracle workers'
- Tuff Gong to distribute Warner Music Group releases in the Caribbean
- Businessman acquires substantial stake in KLE Group