[SAVANNA-LA-MAR, Westmoreland – A Police Constable assigned to the Westmoreland Division was on Saturday stabbed several times and beaten by four people, including a woman. He was admitted to hospital in serious condition. The Constable’s right hand was broken in two places.It is understood that the Constable was attacked in what appeared to be a case of mistaken identity. Reports are that persons living on Meylers Avenue in Savanna-la-mar, Westmoreland were involved in a dispute over a stolen IPad.At the same time the Constable was driving his motor vehicle along the mentioned avenue when people involved in the dispute forced him to stop. He was then taken from his vehicle, stabbed several times over his body, and badly beaten. It is reported that the Constable was driving a car of similar make and colour to that of one of the persons identified in the stealing of the IPad. One person has since been taken into custody for the stabbing of the policeman.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medal haul can be beaten - Phelps
- Activists help bury Afghan woman who was beaten to death by mob
- McPherson second, as Fraser-Pryce is beaten again
- The reformer beaten by the mandarins
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.