Latest NewsSaturday, February 02, 2013 | 4:30 PM
Ocho Rios, St Ann – The youth arm of the Jamaica Labour Party, Generation 2000 (G2K) launched its St Ann Chapter on Thursday, January 31.The new addition to the organisation was launched at a ceremony held at Jewel’s Dunn’s River on Thursday evening.The new chapter of G2K is a major milestone for the party as according to G2K president Floyd Green “it was a long time in coming”.Speaking at the event, Green called on members to “not do what is popular but what is right”.“The challenge of our generation is to become revolutionary right here at home…this is our challenge. We must lead the charge and become revolutionary right here at home,” he encouraged members.Green called on the G2K to practice a different type of politics, one which does what is right instead of what is popular.Farrah Blake is the president of the St Ann chapter.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oprah interviews Rihanna for ‘Next Chapter’
- Delly Ranx opens The Next Chapter
- ODPEM launches Earthquake Awareness Month
- PHOTO: Jamaican photo artist launches book
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.