SportTuesday, August 06, 2013
MOSCOW, Russia (AFP) — Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt has declared himself ‘ready’ in his bid to defend his 200m crown and reclaim the title in the blue-riband 100m at next week’s World Athletics Championships.Bolt, who was talking at a sponsors’ event at Gorky Park on Sunday, now goes straight into training for the August 10-18 champs at the Luzhniki Stadium.“Of course it’s very important (to win back the title),” the 26-year-old Bolt said of the 100m crown he lost to injured teammate Yohan Blake when he false-started in Daegu, South Korea, in 2011.That failure has been the one blip on Bolt’s impressive resume that includes Olympic gold in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay events in Beijing and London, and five world titles.“I want to keep winning every race that I compete in, and the 100m and 200m finals in Moscow will be the biggest races for me this year,” the Jamaican said.“It’s why I’m working hard with my coach to give myself the chance to do that.”The world record holder in both the 100m and 200m added: “My season has been good, I’m getting stronger every week and my execution and speed endurance is steadily improving.“Right now I’m in good shape, focused and feeling well, training hard, and I’m ready.”BOLT… I want to keep winning every race that I compete in
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microfinancing body ready to help boost MSMEs
- Sandy ready to take the world by storm
- Agriculture Ministry ready to help farmers i
- Is your home ready for above average storm season?