Latest NewsBY RENAE DIXONWednesday, January 30, 2013 | 10:47 AM
St Ann’s Bay, St Ann – At least two warrants were issued for police officers in the St Ann’s Bay Resident Magistrate Court on Tuesday, January 29.Resident Magistrate Calys Wiltshire ordered that the police officers be issued with warrants after repeated failure to show up in court. One of the officers issued with a warrant is said to be stationed outside the parish at the Organised Crime Investigation Division of the Jamaica Constabulary Force.However quite alarming to people in court on Tuesday was that the other officer is stationed at the St Ann’s Bay Police Station.RM Wiltshire ordered that the warrants be issued after two cases were hampered due to a lack of statements from the policemen.One of the cases is reportedly before the court since 2010 and is still missing in statements from the investigating officer. Lawyers often complain about policemen not turning up for court or providing a completed file for cases against their clients to proceed.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.
- Ryan Accepts: 'We Will Not DuckThe Tough Issues, We Will Lead'
- JLP representative issues apology for books with her picture over the flag
- Privy Council lashes Jamaica over prisoner rights issues
- SVL dealing with ‘little issues’ in Dom Rep