EntertainmentBY KEVIN JACKSON Observer writerSaturday, July 06, 2013
LEGEND, the 1984 greatest hits album from Bob Marley and The Wailers, continues its impressive run on the Billboard charts.This week, it sits at the top of the publication’s Catalog Album chart, where it has logged over 1000 weeks.The remixed version of Legend, released over one week ago, debuted at number one on Billboard’s Reggae Album chart.Legend Remixed is the first Marley title to top Billboard’s Reggae Album chart since the soundtrack to the documentary Marley, claimed that spot one year ago.The collection includes new mixes of Marley tracks such as Three Little Birds, guest appearances from his sons Ziggy and Stephen and artiste/producer Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry.Legend was released by Island Records three years after Marley’s death from cancer at age 36. It has sold over 25 million units worldwide.
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preview - Ja's medal rush continues tomorrow
- India migrant exodus continues
- Ja's NIR continues to fall, says BOJ
- Twilight continues US chart reign