Latest NewsFriday, June 28, 2013 | 7:09 PM
ST JAMES, Jamaica — Twenty-three-year-old Jermaine Bowen, lifeguard of Glendevon, St James who was on bail for abduction and rape has been arrested and charged once again, this time for seven counts of rape and illegal possession of a firearm, the police say.According to the St James arm of the Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) Bowen was charged in January and received bail in April for abduction and rape. However, Bowen is accused of raping seven individuals since he received bail in April and was subsequently picked up by the police on Thursday, June 20 along the Ironshore main road in Montego Bay following investigations. A 9mm pistol along with a magazine containing nine 9mm rounds was also taken from him, the police reported.??He was charged on Wednesday, June 26 and is to appear before the Western Regional Gun Court on Wednesday, July 3 to answer to the charge of Illegal Possession of a Firearm and the St James Resident Magistrate’s Court on Thursday, July 4 to answer to all the rape charges.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.
- FAA Allegedly To Workers: 'Job Security' at Risk
- Cabbie on rape charge bail allegedly molests daughter
- Day care workers allegedly ran toddler fight club
- Man allegedly uses broomstick to beat woman
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.