Latest NewsWednesday, January 30, 2013 | 7:50 AM
KINGSTON, Jamaica – A large quantity of cured ganja, a quarter acre of fully grown ganja plants and thousands of seedlings were destroyed by the St Elizabeth police Monday.Reports are that a police team was conducting an operation between 1:00pm and 3:00pm in the New Building district when they discovered the ganja field. Further investigations led to a nursery with approximately 5000 seedlings.About 350 pounds of cured ganja, fully grown ganja plants and the seedlings were gathered and destroyed. There were no arrests.The police are investigatingLike our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brutes! - Vandals destroy pool for kiddie swimmers
- Vandals destroy Jamaica 50 decorations in Black River
- 17-y-o Brandon Daley of Dry River,St Elizabeth missing
- St. Elizabeth family feud leaves one dead