EntertainmentSimone MorganFriday, June 28, 2013
ALMOST two years after its official release, The Invitation, the debut album from reggae band C-Sharp, has been re-launched by VPAL, a subsidiary of VP Records.The 13-track album was originally released in December, 2011. It has been re-packaged with a new jacket and is part of VPAL’s latest releases.According to C-Sharp’s bass player, Aeion Hoilett, the VPAL link means more exposure for The Invitation.“This is really a good look as VPAL will get to distribute the album in places that we have not been able to reach,” he said.VPAL is also distributor of You, the band’s latest single.The Invitation includes a cover of The Heptones’ Book of Rules which gained solid airplay locally.Hoilett says he and bandmates Lamont Savory, Dwain Campbell, Randevon Patrick and Kevon Clayton are recording songs for a second C Sharp album, expected to be released next year.
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.
- Minister Falconer to Participate in Invitation Programme in Korea
- Boucher does second eye surgery
- Mega clashes to highlight Flow Cup second round
- Bailey: Tivoli will keep digging in second round