Latest NewsCommissioner urges officers to be cautiousWednesday, January 30, 2013 | 12:34 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica – Commissioner of Police Owen Ellington, in the wake of the shooting death of a policeman Tuesday night, has urged officers to be cautious when on or off duty. “It has now become abundantly clear to all that the criminals among us will murder, shoot at and confront the police in order to perpetrate their life of crime,” Ellington said in a statement Wednesday morning.“The Police will not be deterred or moved and will continue to lawfully respond to all threats against our personnel. As such, I urge all members to conduct their duties with extreme caution and care,” the Commissioner added.A policeman identified as Special Constable Duan Peart was shot and killed in St Catherine last night.Reports are that Peart who served at the Spanish Town Family Court was shot several times by unknown assailants in Grange Lane, Portmore while on his way home.Special Constable Peart is the second policeman murdered since the start of the year.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Officials confirm Alaska suspect killed Vermont couple missing since last year
- Libya general killed in Benghazi
- PROMOTER KILLED IN DRINK DISPUTE
- Authorities identify Wisconsin boy, 9, killed in lightning strike