NewsMonday, July 01, 2013 | 4:15 PM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) — Trinidad and Tobago law enforcement authorities Monday said they were investigating an incident where a local vessel was forced to leave Guyana after the captain allegedly refused to transport drugs.The spokesman for the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard, Lieutenant Commander Kirk Jean Baptiste, told reporters that the vessel ‘Adorra’ had travelled to Guyana with a shipment of coconut water, but when it reached the country, the un-named captain was approached to do another job allegedly involving illicit drugs.Lieutenant Commander Jean Baptiste said when the captain refused an altercation ensued and he along with his crew were threatened by armed men, forcing the captain to immediately leave for Port of Spain.He said the local coast guard was contacted and monitored the ship as it sailed into the Chaguaramas Bay on Sunday.Police as well as members of the Customs and Excise division are conducting investigations and questioning the captain of the boat.
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.
- Former Ohio police captain hopes DNA test proves innocence
- Sammy to captain Windwards in Super50
- Clive Lloyd says Sammy should have remained ODI captain
- US cargo ship captain detained at Venezuelan port