Latest NewsMonday, December 23, 2013 | 5:57 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica —Two children are suspected to have drowned in separate incidents between Sunday and Monday morning. They are one-year-old Romerio Dixon of Compound district, Alligator Pond, Manchester, and Daniel Brown, 13, of Portmore Villa, Phase 2, Gregory Park in St Catherine.Reports are that about 11:30 am Sunday, Romerio’s mother left him in the care of relatives and went to a nearby shop. When she returned, he could not be found. A search was launched and Romerio was subsequently found afloat in the sea. Meanwhile the Portmore Police report that about 7:45 Monday morning, Daniel’s body was found by an attendant floating in a sewage tank in the community.Investigations continue in both cases.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children must remain focused
- Should children be able to buy Fifty Shades of Grey?
- FBI 'saves 105 trafficked children'
- School food workers grapple with new USDA guidelines and how to get children to eat healthier
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.