Latest NewsSaturday, February 02, 2013 | 6:22 PM
HAMILTON, Bermuda (CMC) – Three unruly passengers were arrested and will appear in a Bermudan court “in the near future” after forcing a Caribbean-bound jetliner to divert to the island on Friday night.The Sunwing Airlines’ flight, en route from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, touched down at the L F Wade International Airport at 9:00 pm. Reports said that the three passengers caused a disturbance with a flight attendant, resulting in the pilot of the low-cost, Canada-based airline to divert to Bermuda, where the unruly passengers were taken off the plane and escorted by officers to the airport police station. They remained at the police station for more than four hours.Police Media Relations spokesman Dwayne Caines said the unidentified passengers had been taken into custody and given bail. He said they will appear before the courts “in the near future”.The other passengers were taken to nearby hotels and airline officials said that the flight would depart Bermuda for its original destination on Saturday.Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserverFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper – email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:mailto:email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bermuda profile
- Hurricane Rafael moving closer to Bermuda
- Migrants in UK ‘Bermuda Triangle’
- Rafael heads toward Bermuda